Wednesday 28 November 2018

Today's contender for the 2018 Best Christmas Mince Pie is...

🎉 🎊 M & S 🎊 🎉  ( Lattice Topped Pies £1.50 for 6 👍)



Pastry:
Flavour and colour are fantastic. A little fragile but dressed well with a sugared top. Slightly powdery at first as it breaks up but melts away very quickly.

Filling:
Whole fruits and berries are nice to bite through, it's moist but could be a little better. I assume the open lattice bake let some of the goodness out. Overall flavour is light - more of a summer berry than winter warmer.

Presentation:
I expected more from Marks...opening the pack I was greeted with 4 out of 6 pies looking deflated and having a bashed edge. This poor fellow even looks a bit sad towards the back. No leaks, easily freed from the foil and the dark crust are all positives but the decorative sugar set my teeth on edge. 

Summary:
I wish I'd gone back to Greggs.


Adam Cooke
Photographer / Pie Tester

No comments:

Post a Comment