Wednesday 28 November 2018

Today's contender for the 2018 Best Christmas Mince Pie is...

🎉 🎊 Tesco 🎊 🎉  ( Finest Range £2.50 for 6 I think...)


Pastry:
Breaks nicely but it's a little thick and took 2 bites to get a decent go at the filling. Great colour and consistency but the flavour didn't scream "All Butter Pastry". 
Nice though.

Filling:
This was pretty good. Plenty of fruit, moist and sweet, little tang from the Courvoisier...even a hint of nuts. Not much to comment on!

Presentation:
Since this was the first of what I'd consider to be the luxury pies I expected a lot...and it stood up to the promises. Great look, and detailing with the snowflake on top. A little uneven but I probably couldn't do much better. I've gone back for a second one and wouldn't really be too upset with a third. No leaks, easy removal and no sticky fingers!

Summary:
It's decent. Mum safe.

Adam Cooke
Photographer / Pie Tester

No comments:

Post a Comment